dulcinella's chaos
over linnen, borduurgaren en heel veel kruisjes

zondag 6 mei 2012

Memories in May

Memories is the theme of this month  theme-licious-2012. It made me wonder about my early cross stitch days. At the age of six I learned to stitch at school and since I was a teenager, I have been stitching on and on. Sometimes I stitched very little for a few years, some years I stitched a lot. Sometimes life got in the way, sometimes I just took a detour to another hobby, another craft. But the stitching bug always came back. Reading the theme of this month I decided to clean out stash (well, that was the plan:-)) I did some cleaning, but then I met  old, not finished projects and all those lovely magazines.




I choose the first project  to do for a SAL 'waiting for the holidays' (in french 'en attendant les vacances'). You can see the choices of the other stitchers at the blog of Orely
It's a design of Mary Diaz from an issue of Cross Stitch Crazy and I always wanted to do it. It reminds me of summer as a kid, on the beach. In those days summer never ended and it sure didn't rain all the time:-)



'Beach Huts' by Maria Diaz in cross stitch crazy 2003


 My second project is a very big one. I have been cross stitching on it a little bit, and had it in my closet for so long. It's a kit from Heritage showing the map of Italy. it is not likely something I will finish this year, but I would love to make some progress on it. I bought it cause it brings memories of university (I was schooled as  a teacherin Latin and Greek:-)), and some of the wonderful days I've spent in Italy. As we're going this year to Italy, I hope to get some stitching done before I leave.
Heritage crafts in the World Stitches range, by Susan Ryder


 Of course I will be working on lots of other projects. A new post with an update and pictures on what I have been stitching will be here in one or two days!
Happy stitching to all of you!


 Herinneringen is het thema van de theme-licious-2012 van mei. Het deed me terugdenken aan mijn jonge dagen als borduurster. Ik heb als zesjarige op school leren borduren en sinds ik een tiener was, ben ik blijven borduren. Sommige jaren heb ik bitter weinig geborduurd, andere jaren heel veel. Soms kwam het leven er tussen, soms dwaalde ik gewoon af naar een andere hobby, een andere creatieve bezigheid. De borduurmicrobe kwam echter altijd terug.
Toen ik het thema van deze maand las, besloot ik toch nog eens een beetje mijn borduurkasten op te ruimen (dat was het plan:-)). Ik heb wel een beetje opgeruimd, maar toen kwam ik oude, niet afgewerkte projecten tegen en al die schitterende tijdschriften.
Het eerste project heb ik ook gekozen voor een SAL 'in afwachting van de vakantie' (in het frans 'en attendant les vacances'). Je kan de keuzes van de andere deelnemers zien op de blog van Orely  
Het is een ontwerp van Mary Diaz uit een nummer van Cross Stitch Crazy en ik heb het altijd al willen borduren. Het doet me heel erg denken aan de zomer toen ik een kind was, spelend op het strand. In die dagen ging de zomer nooit over en het regende al heel zeker niet de hele tijd:-)
Mijn tweede project is erg omvangrijk. Ik heb er al een klein beetje aan geborduurd, maar het ligt alweer een hele tijd in mijn kast. Het is een pakket van Heritage met de kaart van Italie. Waarschijnlijk krijg ik het dit jaar niet af, maar ik zou het toch graag een beetje zien groeien. Ik heb het gekocht omdat het me heel erg herinnert aan mijn universiteitsjaren (ik ben opgeleid als leerkacht Latijn en Grieks:-)) en aan zoveel wondermooie dagen in Italie. Aangezien we dit jaar  naar Italie gaan, hoop ik toch een stuk geborduurd te hebben voor het vertrekken.
Natuurlijk plan ik nog aan een heleboel andere projecten te werken deze maand. Morgen of overmorgen hoop ik foto's van mijn vooruitgang van de laatste twee weken te laten zien.
Allemaal heel veel borduurplezier!

9 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

Mooi die projecten en herkenbaar ook.
Als ik ga opruimen kom ik ook regelmatig iets tegen waardoor het opruimen wordt stopgezet.

En de bladen gaan bij mij ook niet weg, soms weet je gewoon dat er nog wel een moment komt dat je er toch iets uit gaat maken.

Succes met je kaart van Italie en de rest van je projecten.

Groetjes Yvon.

Anoniem zei

Hi

I love the beach huts design, it really makes me think of holidays.

The map is a lovely project too.

Brigitte zei

It's always fascinating what one can find in magazines. I have a whole bunch of old and even very old magazines and whenever I go through them I see something that I'd like to start right away. That's the reason why I never throw out any of my magazines, no matter how old they are, lol.
Both your choices are lovely and will keep you busy.

Carol zei

Looks like two lovely projects--the beach huts are adorable :)

Kathy A. zei

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.
I love your beach stitch. Perfect for summer.
Your Italy map is quite the challenge. I have a girlfriend who is working on a map of Holland and it is quite the challenge.

Lorrie zei

I love the Beach Huts. Reminds me of my youth and summers spent at the lake. Excellent choice of fabric! Beautiful work.

Jutta zei

Oh, I love your blog !!! Thanks for your visit and happy stitching,
Jutta

♥ Nia zei

Love the beach houses :)
Wish you a great week sweetie!! hugs to you

Carla zei

Great choices to work on this month...look forward to seeing pics of your progress :)